Provide excellent tennis instruction and customer service to encourage repeat business.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develop safe, professional, and comprehensive tennis lessons and programs to ensure students develop along a pathway that will encourage continued involvement and a positive NPS.
2. Monitor, demonstrate, and instruct students on proper technique and strategies to improve their overall tennis game
3. Ensure students understand tennis rules, scoring procedures, safety rules and tennis etiquette
4. Ensure all tennis facilities and equipment are clean, organized and in good working condition
5. Quickly and efficiently respond to member questions, comments, and concerns
Sales & Promotion
1. Involve members with programs, tournaments and special events, fully utilizing available marketing support and tools.
2. Actively participate in the system wide sales effort with Membership Advisors and Member Activities, ensuring tennis is an integral component of the companies brand
3. Actively participate in integrating new members into the companies tennis program.
4. Identify inactive tennis players and re-engage them in appropriate programs.
5. Actively develop a positive image for the companies Tennis in the community through involvement with schools, community education programs, charities and fund raisers.
6. Promote and sell Tennis programs, lessons, court time, equipment, etc. and encouraging repeat business
7. Work closely with other company business units to raise awareness about Tennis and look for ways to partner with them in improving the member experience
8. Continually increase knowledge of all company programs, products, and services and promote them to students
Financial & Budgetary
1. Achieve or exceed monthly revenue and lesson goals
Managerial & Supervisory
1. Attend department head and "all club" meetings
Responsibilities of All Positions
- Support and articulate the companies mission statement
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Ensure cleanliness of the club using all 5 senses:
- Sight to ensure club is neat and orderly
- Sound to ensure music/sound levels are appropriate
- Touch to ensure floors, countertops, etc are clean and dry
- Taste to ensure food & beverages in the café are up-to-standards
- Smell to ensure the club is fresh and odor free
- Demonstrate positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers
- Comply with all company safety rules
- Use all required safety devices and personal protection equipment
- Report accidents and injuries to supervisor as soon as possible
- Participate in safety training and safety inspections
- Suggest methods of preventing hazards to safety committee
- High School diploma or GED
- experience teaching tennis lessons
Licenses / Certifications / Registrations:
- USPTA/PTR certification
- CPR/AED certification received within 30 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly, outgoing, and positive attitude
- Ability to build positive relationship with members and team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Comfortable working with all age groups
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge of the game of tennis
- Effective teaching styles and techniques
Language Ability- Intermediate- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, clients, and other employees of the organization in English.
Mathematical Skills- Intermediate- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability- Intermediate Skills- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; ability to climb ladders. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in an athletic club environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high.